12 June 2008

My Relaxing Afternoon


There is something about being outside when the sky is so clear and blue, and the sun is shining. It just feels as though nothing could go wrong, nothing could be more perfect than you just being in the fresh air, taking it all in. Everything just looks so much better, even the trees look greener and more vibrant and full of life.

People in general always seem so much happier and friendly in the sun. Maybe it is because I am feeling happier that I notice it more. Maybe it is because people don't feel the need to rush so much in the sun. Maybe it is because they have all been sitting in beer gardens drinking! Either way, I love walking out when the sun in shining, and smiling and saying hello to so many people.

I spent an afternoon sat outside in my back garden in the sun, relaxing and making jewellery. I made a few new items for the store, and I also made some beautiful (if I may say so myself!) charm-style bracelets, which I am very proud of. I think they look really pretty and stylish, and they make a great sound when you wear them!

That afternoon was so much more relaxing and contented than any other afternoon I have spent crafting. Maybe it was the pear cider. Or maybe, the sun does bring out the best in people.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Yay for sunshine! The world definitely seems like a better place when the sun is shining, be it summer sun or winter sun.