8 July 2010

A is for Attitude

I have recently found the blog Lottie Loves which just called out to me - Lottie is a fabulous woman who loves vintage, sewing and dresses (amongst other things) and well, how could I not love someone who loves those things?!

Lottie is currently running a series of tasks called "Finishing School" - basically, it is a workshop to help you feel more fabulous and feminine. So, I have decided to give it a go!

The first task is A for Attitude. The task is this:
"Which bits of you do you like, which bits of you do you love? What have you achieved that you look at with satisfaction and joy? What do you like about your body? What do you love about being the woman you are? I want nothing negative, no buts just pure ‘this is what I like/love because…..’"

So, here goes!

Firstly, I love my shoulders and collarbones. I don't even know what it is about this area of my body, I think it just always looks toned and catches the sun first - I feel very glamorous wearing a halterneck or off-shoulder top.

I also love my nails - I am lucky to have strong nails which I can grow very long. I used to paint all sorts of nail art on them when I was younger - now I prefer to leave them natural, but feminine.

I love and am proud of the fact that I am a very loyal friend. If you are a good friend of mine, I would go to the end of the earth and back for you, without even a moment's hesitation. I would always always be there for a friend if they needed me (I'd probably even be there for people who weren't friends either - it's just the sort of person I am!). I hope my friends all know this.

I love the fact that as I get older, I am becoming more and more feminine. I used to live in jeans, very rarely wore a skirt - I just felt more comfortable in jeans or trousers. Now, however, I have gone the other way. I love the way I feel when I am wearing a skirt or dress - I love feeling feminine.

I love my creative side, and that I can attempt all sorts of different crafts - taking a few starting materials and turning them into something new is something that makes me very happy.

Finally, I love my smile - I've often had compliments on it, and I love to use it as often as I can!

How about you - what do you love about yourself?

3 comments:

lottie said...

What a lovely post and you look stunning in that absolutely beautiful dress - where is the dress from? I love it!

I'm so glad you are joining in and I am glad your involvement has lead me to your lovely blog.

I hope you enjoy Finishing School.

Lottie -x-

Fearful Penguin said...

Hi Lottie, thanks for your reply! The dress is from Call Me Betty - you can find her on Facebook and also on Twitter under the name callmebettyuk - you should check her out, she has some gorgeous dresses!

Em
x

jennyfreckles said...

Hi Em - Thanks for commenting on my blog. The fashion show was such fun - I wish I was bold enough to wear vintage. Jo does, quite often, and finds some great stuff. You look lovely in the photo here.