17 February 2008

Like A Kid In A Sweet Shop


http://www.bradfordbeadshop.co.uk

Whilst wandering around Bradford market the other day, I noticed a shop I hadn't seen before. As I entered the shop, I got more and more excited. You see, this was a new bead shop! Not only that, but the more I looked, the more wonderful beads I found - beads I just had to have! I was on my lunch break, so begrudgingly I paid http://www.bradfordbeadshop.co.ukfor the few beads I had already picked up and left.

I went back for a proper look on Saturday. This time I had plenty of time to look through the beads, and I spent about an hour there! The stall is full of such unusual and beautiful beads. I got chatting to the girl who runs it, who told me that she buys the bead whilst travelling round Europe, and knows where most if not all the beads came from. I love the idea of this - that instead of just buying wholesale, she picks them out especially - no wonder there are so many wonderful beads!
http://www.bradfordbeadshop.co.uk
The beads are all sensibly priced, and as well as beads and findings, there is plenty of gorgeous handmade
jewellery on display. I spotted a necklace I loved but it wasn't in the colour I would like - I mentioned this to the owner, who promptly made me a necklace exactly as I wanted it! You wouldn't get this kind of customer service in bigger shops.

I spent lots of time and money in this shop, and I know I'll be back! You can check out her website, or if you are in Bradford, go have a look for yourself! She is based in Kirkgate market (I have to wander about until I find it, I always get lost in there!!)

Look out for my new jewellery in the store based on beads from this stall - I couldn't wait to get started making them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Em, I justed wanted to say thank you for your lovely comments about my shop. Your website is really nice, it put a smile on my face. It's like a lovely spring day squeezed into a website. Carman (Bradford Bead Shop)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, beads! I love bead shops and I was so sad when Yum Yum Beads in Leeds closed down. I especially like dipping my finger into pots of seed beads - he he!

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Beads hasn't closed down, just relocated! It is down one of the arcades now. I was in there on Friday, in fact. :) I have been all about the bead shopping this week! :)