26 May 2008

Yummy Banana Muffins!


I made some of these muffins a few weeks ago, and everyone loved them (as you can tell, I was so proud that I didn't even want to wait to take them out of the tray and arrange them before taking pics - I just wanted to eat them!!). I then lost the recipe and was gutted! I have since found the recipe again, and so I am going to share it with you, both so you can make lovely muffins too, and so that I always know where it is!

You will need:

2 eggs
240ml milk (I used semi-skimmed)
120ml vegetable oil
100g granulated sugar (I used the low-cal stuff to make these slightly better for you!)
100g soft brown sugar
375g plain flour
4 teaspoons baking power
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional!)
2 small bananas, roughly chopped

To make:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, ensuring they are thoroughly mixed.
  3. In another large bowl, add the eggs, milk, oil and sugar, and beat together.
  4. Add the flour mix to the liquid mixture and roughly mix. Do not worry about getting a smooth mixture!
  5. Stir in the bananas and the cinnamon.
  6. Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 muffin cases, and bake for 25 minutes.
Yum! Ensure that when you take them out, if you put a knife into them it comes out clean - if not, cook for a further 5 minutes. Allow to cool, and then eat! :)

You can try this recipe with other fruit - I intend to try it with apples and slightly more cinnamon next time - tasty goodness!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Hurrah for muffins! Although I don't like bananas, I do appreciate the skill of the muffin.

When I have a kitchen again, I might make raspberry muffins. Or peach muffins. Or good old blueberry muffins.