5 May 2008

Triple Embossing

This weekend I visited the Tulip Toppers shop in Shipley market for a tutorial on triple embossing from Meryle Holland. Triple embossing is something I have attempted in the past, when I was working a lot on paper crafts, but I never quite got the hang of it.

Well, the tutorial was great! Turns out my main problems were that I was using the wrong type of embossing powder (I didn't even know there were different thicknesses of it until this tutorial!) and that my heat gun makes things more difficult, as it is quite hot and powerful. After being shown the technique by Meryle, she let me have a go whilst she was there, both with her heat gun, and mine, so I could see the difference.

As soon as I left, I came pretty much straight home to try the technique out! In the picture above, the japanese ladies are tiles which I made whilst at the tutorial - on these, the triple embossing makes a glass-like effect on top of the pictures. The others are items I made at home whilst practising the technique - the star one was stamped and coloured, then embossed on top like the tiles, whereas the hearts were triple embossed, and then stamped into the embossing. I then used rub'n'buff over the top to make the text stand out a little more.

I do love learning new things!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

wow they are amazing. I am hopeless with anything like that. i can make paper boxes and that is that

Kirsty said...

Ooh, purdy! I never quite got on with paper crafts, but I always thought that your cards and things were amazing.

Fearful Penguin said...

Thank you to both of you! *blush*

And hi joanna, great to see you here! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.